So you want to write a post eh? Great! It’s simple and rewarding. Just a few things you have to know. This page is a work in progress; expect changes and updates.
- You have to have an account and be logged in to write a post. See our User Policy and User Roles and Writing Posts page.
- All posts automatically go only on the news & discussion page and at the top of the page, so you don’t have to worry about where to put it. That is all taken care of for you.
- After you login, click on the “+New” link at the top of the page, (or select “Post” under that menu) and it will bring up a relatively easy to use WYSIWYG editor. You can save a draft and come back to it later, preview it, and when you’re done, click “Publish” and that’s it. You should however select a category which is either “news”, “petition news” or “uncategorized”.
- Once you’ve posted it you can go view it, and edit it if you so wish. To Delete a post is to Trash it.
- From the “Dashboard” screen you can also use the “QuickPress” option at the top right side of the screen to simply type in a title and message and post it without the editor with the bells and whistles.
- Media refers to pictures- if you are an “Author” or above you can upload pictures to include in your posts. Takes a little practice to get them where want them, but it’s not too hard.